TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks! Yeah, I've been using the courtesy diagrams and the
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks! Yeah, I've been using the courtesy diagrams and the

Posted by Tanley on April 02, 2015 at 6:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 192 times.

In Reply To Courtesy parts has diagrams posted by BlackholeZ on April 02, 2015 at 03:03 AM

Message fiche, but it is kind of vague on nuts, washers and bolts, etc. I think I figured out what's going on. I believe that the tensioner uses 2 of these bolts:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/0812082533-bolt-300zx-z32-1990-1996-p-182406.html

I realized one bolt was wrong when I put them through and one had only a couple turns in before bottoming out. Comparing the tensioner mounting points, they appear to be the same thickness. The bolt that was too short had a dab of paint on it and taking a look at my new tensioner, the bolts on it also have a few dabs of paint. So I disassembled my old tensioner and sure enough the bolt used to mount the tensioner to the block was the same length/type used for assembling the tensioner. So I think what happened was the idiot who worked on it before lost the original bolt, disassembled the tensioner and used that bolt and the washer from the stud to make one up. Now I don't know where the loose lock washer came from, but at least I can move forward installing the belt.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.